Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sweet Potato, Sweet Potato, Sweet Potato Pie

A week before Ethan turned five months, we fed him baby food for the first time. I was very hesitant to feed him solids so early, but all the boy wants to do is eat what we eat. I have never seen anything like it. Since around four months, he has been reaching for food when we are at the table, has been staring at Noah when he is eating, has tried to put everything into his mouth, and makes this grunting sound everytime food is around.

I talked to the pediatrician, and he assured me that Ethan was the boss, and once he was ready, we would know it. Noah never did this, so I wasn't sure. That, on top of the fact that he is waking up more in the middle of the night than before lead us to letting Ethan try solids. We tried oatmeal the night before this, but he wasn't a fan, and my camera battery was dead. I wasn't a huge fan of the oatmeal with Noah, so we went straight to sweet potatoes.

First bite!

Not sure what to think . . .

Yeah . . . he is a fan!
He loved them. So far, his favorites seem to be bananas (whole not in a jar), avocados, hummus, apples, crackers, and peas. Hopefully, he keeps this up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs