Saturday, August 20, 2011

Trail West - Final Post

This is my final post on our week at Trail West. Hopefully I have not forgotten anything. I meant to post this earlier; however, Noah and I headed to Virginia on Sunday following camp. We were there for my cousin's wedding which was filled with a week of wedding festivities (later post), which explains the lack of my blogging.

As a quick reminder, camp at Trail West has "Club" every evening throughout the week. I talked about it some in previous posts, but basically, it is an end to a wonderful day filled with music, skits, and a great message. While we were there, the skits involved two rodeo clowns named "Billy Ray" and "Steven Tyler" Butler, and they were in search of a Bull, appropriately named  Bully. To summarize, the clowns tag line was "We are professioNAL rodeo clowns, two guys, with four first names, in search of one bull." It's difficult to explain on a blog, but it was special entertainment each time they made an appearance. The clowns and others involved did an amazing job the entire week. Anytime you saw the bull, you were suppose to wave your hands in the air toward its direction and yell "bully, bully, bully, over there". Noah that it was great.



This is Noah doing the "Bully, Bully, Bully". I apologize for my voice!
I am going to start posting more videos on my blog; however, please be patient with me as I am new to this.


The other skit each night involved a parody of the Vegas magician act, Penn & Teller. Basically, the two, who were the clowns, would be Tenn and Yeller, two magicians from Vegas that came to show entertain us with a special magic show. It was so fun!!! They did a wonderful job of keeping both the kids and the parents laughing, amazed, and crying (b/c of laughter). 


All in all, it was such are great week. We have missed Colorado (especially the weather. . . why I live in Houston I have no idea). It was easy to forget about the "real world" while there and very relaxing we found out. Camp was an amazing experience and if anyone is interested or has any questions feel free to call me. Younglife (Trail West) puts on family camps every summer. I have attached the link to the Trail West website http://sites.younglife.org/camps/TrailWest/default.aspx. We are so grateful that we were able to attend this year and certainly look forward to going back in the future. Thanks Billy and Corinne for a wonderful week.




Our room. So fitting being from Texas.

Noah's "Buckaroo" group.




The Butler Brothers: "Billy Ray" and "Steven Tyler" entertaining us at dinner.


Noah loved the Rodeo Clowns but got a little scared to take a picture with them by himself. The other guy is Billy Ray and Steven Tyler's brother "Harley Worth-it"


Steven Tyler and Noah on Rodeo Night.


Tenn & Yeller about to do some magic.


The two speakers for the week, David and Kelli Pritchard, helping out with the final skit.


Last night and ending skit. As you can tell by the picture, the Butler brothers found Bully


This is a pic of the Work Crew and Summer Staff kids that helped make such an amazing week. Each and everyone of them were amazing. 


Noah on stage the 1st night.


Enjoying Club!!

1 comment:

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs