In April, we went to San Destin to celebrate each of my parent's belated 50th birthdays. We use to go to San Destin over Spring Break when I was in high school, but we haven't been since then. WE HAD A FABULOUS TIME! It was relaxing, fun, and more importantly, a perfect place for a 2 year old. Noah had a wonderful time.
Ben, Nicole, Noah, and I drove there on the Sunday night before everyone got into town. Admittingly, I was a little worried about the 9 hour drive, but Noah did awesome. Thanks to Toy Story, Cars (Over & Over), Dinosaur Train, and lots of books, we had no issues. My parents, Brooke, and Katarina (their German exchange student) drove in Tuesday, and picked Britni up at the airport on their way as well. Will flew in Wednesday night and finally, everyone was together.
We were there from Monday to Friday, and each day was a different combination of the pool and beach. Some days were spent more at the beach and others included more pool time. Either way, we seemed to always be in the water, splashing, playing, or relaxing. We also did some bike riding (which lead us to getting our own). Conveniently, there was a huge playground in the middle of the resort. Needless to say, Noah and I spent a lot of quality time there. Unfortunately, I did not get pictures of the bikes or playground; too busy playing I guess.
I have said this before, but Noah has no fear of water. He absolutely LOVES it!! He loves jumping in, splashing, and most scary to mom, putting his head under the water. The ocean was no different.
 |
| Pool Fun! |
 |
| Noah was a huge fan of making sand castles and then tearing them down. |
 |
| Little Buda Belly :) |
 |
| The water was perfect, and Noah loved it when we held him and ran into the waves. |
 |
| Precious Feet!! |
 |
| Just chilling by the water. |
 |
| Daddy Hug! Yes, Noah has started calling Ben Daddy instead of Da Da. I know it is good thing, but it just makes me realize how old he is getting. |
 |
| Cheese! |
 |
| Another family pic! |
On Tuesday night, we met my parents in Panama City and had dinner at Pineapple Express. We sat on the dock over looking the water while my dad picked Britni up at the airport. It was great to see everyone. It is hard not seeing our family for awhile, so we were so excited to see them.
Each Wednesday night in the Spring and Summer, the boardwalk in San Destin has a concert series. While were there, it just so happened to be a 70s/80s band. We weren't sure what to expect, but I think everyone would say it was the best night. It was so fun. We ordered pizza, drank wine, and listened to some great music. We even participated in the dancing!!!
 |
| Katarina, Aunt B, and Aunt Coley waiting for the music to start. |
 |
| So pretty!! |
 |
| Aunt B and Aunt Coley |
 |
| Aunt Coley and Mimi |
 |
| Aunt Brookie! |
 |
| The Famous Band! |
 |
| Family Dance Time Take #1 |
 |
| Family Dance Time Take #2 (I don't know what my dad is doing). |
On Thursday, Papa, Ben, Brooke, and I took Noah to play put-put golf for the first time. He made it 4 holes and was ready to go play on the rides, but I will say after 4 holes he was leading. Not sure what that says about the rest of us playing.
 |
| First Put! |
 |
| Watching the others play. |
 |
| The final score!! Sorry Ben. Better luck next time. :) |
On Thursday night, we went back to the Boardwalk in San Destin to enjoy the other activities they had going on. We had dinner at a cute hamburger joint that sat across from the playground, so Noah could play.
 |
| View of the Boardwalk. |
 |
| Hanging out! |
 |
| Uncle Willy and Noah playing in the fountain. |
 |
Noah loves his Aunt B!
(We had an outfit change due to an ice cream spill). |
 |
| Papa Love! |
 |
| I am not sure my mom and Nicole will like that I posted this, but this is them dancing, singing and shaking their bottoms to "My Humps" as they were walking across the bridge. It was hilarious. |
 |
| Noah watching the little boats in the water. |
 |
| The Boys!! |
On Friday night, we ate at Brooke's favorite restaurant, Fudpuckers. It is a fun restaurant with good food, a little playground, a band, and most importantly lots of alligators!!! They have a huge pond full of alligators that you can feed. They also have a couple that you can pet and take pictures with. Noah thought feeding the alligators was hilarious. I will post those pictures later. Sorry they are on a different camera.
 |
| Aunt Coley and Noah riding one of the (fake) alligators. |
 |
| The Petersen girls! |
 |
| Family Pic! |
 |
| Aunt Coley and Uncle Willy. |
After dinner, we want back to the hotel and did an early Easter egg hunt down the halls of the hotel. I am sure the other guest loved us!! At least Noah had fun!!
 |
| Grabbing his first egg! |
 |
| We used everything we could to hide the eggs! |
 |
| Noah opening all his eggs!! |
We all headed back Saturday morning. We were sad to see everyone go, but like I said, we had a great time and will definitely make this a yearly tradition. I recommend it to anyone with small children. There is so much for both them and the adults to do. The following are some more family pictures we took throughout the week.
More pictures of Noah we took during the week.
 |
| Little fish not ready for bed at all! |
 |
| Such a stud! Sporting the shades. |
 |
| This is Noah singing "bling bling". Noah had never had a ring pop before, so when we gave it to him, everyone was in our room, and our whole family started singing "Bling, bling, every time I come around yo city, Bling Bling". I know not appropriate for a 2 year old, but he thought it was hilarious. So this is him singing "Bling, bling". |
Thank you Papa and Mimi for a great trip!!! Happy 50th to you both! You are the best parents anyone could ever ask for. Love you!
what an amazing trip! Everyone seems so happy! I am pretty sure those dimples mean Noah is one beach baby! so much fun! P.S. you girls are gorgeous!
ReplyDelete