After Thanksgiving, we headed to the Tree Farm to pick out our Christmas tree. This is a tradition I have done since I was little. Growing up, we always went to a tree farm around Sealy right after Thanksgiving, but when I was in high school they closed. It was so sad. It was the perfect tree farm with great trees, a wagon ride, petting zoo, barbecue and apple cider, a cute shop, and lots of places for pictures. Since Ben and I have been married, we have tried to find a tree farm as good as that one without having prices that were ridiculous. I think we finally did this year. It was a little commercialized, but we had a wonderful time!!
 |
| Noah's Tree |
 |
| Ethan's Tree |
 |
| Family Tree. Noah cutting his first tree. |
We are a "real" Christmas tree family. Don't get me wrong I have a fake tree for the upstairs that I use, but I love the smell of the real ones, and the way they look. They can be messy and in the past, we have forgotten to water them, so they died early than expected. But, I wouldn't change it.


We took a wagon ride out to the trees and after about 15 minutes of looking, we found the perfect one. Ben and Noah did the honors of cutting it down, although, Noah was bored after about two minutes :). After we cut our tree down, we ate lunch, played on the bounce house, went down the slides a couple of times, took a train ride, and last but not least met Santa. We didn't realize Santa was going to be there, so that turned out to be a great surprise. It was a great day, and I have no complaints except that it was 85 degrees. Yuck!! Definitely hard to get in the Christmas spirit when you are sweating and hot chocolate sounds gross because it is so hot. I hope this farm stays around, so we can make it our new tradition. If you guys have any that you go to let me know. We would love to try them out!
 |
| At least one was smiling! |
No comments:
Post a Comment