Monday, July 23, 2012

Brotherly Love

My precious boys! Melts my heart!
I still can't believe we have two boys, which means that our house is going to be full of energy!! It already is. Noah loves his little brother. It didn't start out this way though. The first week was a rough one in the Kerr household. I had hoped that since we talked about the baby a lot before Ethan was born, read Noah "Big Brother" books, explained what being a big brother meant and how everything was going to change, etc., the transition wouldn't be too bad. Please do not get me wrong. It was a wonderful experience. Let’s just call it challenging at times, as well. That may be more appropriate.

Noah had a difficult time not having Ben’s nor my full attention which translated into me having a difficult time also sometimes. To be honest, lots of tears were shed the first couple of days after getting home. After a couple of days though, things turned around completely. It’s almost as if the little guy said to himself, “Well, since he ain’t leaving, I might as well make the most of it.” Now, Noah is very protective, wants to hold him, and give him kisses goodnight. He likes to help feed Ethan too, wants to come with me to change his diapers (although he will not help change the diapers . . . he just yells "stinky, stinky" the whole time), and he brings Ethan his wazzie (pacifier) when he is upset. It is too cute!! He has even started talking to him in baby talk. Apparently, I do that more than I realized also.

I can't wait to watch these two grow up together. I pray that they form a bond that only brothers have and learn and grow from each other as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs