Thursday, July 21, 2011

Poor Little Guy!

On Saturday night, Noah got his first stitches. Poor little guy!!! He was such a trooper though.

Noah was playing in the sandbox at Lupe Tortilla (one of our favorite Mexican food places and perfect for kids) when he decided that instead of sliding down the slide normally, he would jump from the top of it. It was one of those things where his chin landed before his feet; straight onto a toy which sliced it open.

When I first saw it, it didn't look too bad and apparently didn't bleed much; however, when he moved his head back to show me his chin, it opened up. I knew he needed stitches. We took him to Texas Children's and 3 hours later, Noah left with 5 stitches in his chin. On a positive note, I was very impressed by how fast (relatively) Texas Children's got us in and took care of Noah. He did great for such a little guy, all things considered. The most difficult part for all of us was when they put him in a full body "strait jacket" in order to keep him still. Certainly it hurt, but I think he was most upset because he could not move. He didn't understand what was going on, so he kept saying "Mommy, come on, let's go, let's go".

I am praying that this is the only time he will visit the emergency room (knock on wood), but I also know boys will be boys and this probably won't be the last.


Ready for the bandage to come off and not sure what is going on.
 
We did everything we could to keep him busy. I think we went through ten sets of gloves just to amuse him.

Now you can see why we went through ten sets of gloves. I am sure Will is so glad I posted this. :)

"Oh no, who are these people and what are they doing here?" Poor guy had no idea what was coming.


ALL DONE!!
Popsicle and stickers in hand. It was a rough 15 minutes getting the stitches in. There was a lot of crying and sweating, but as soon as they let him out of the strait jacket and gave him a popsicle, he was good to go.

Ten minutes after being in the car. He was worn out.


Noah gets his stitches out tomorrow, so we are praying everything goes well and after a couple months there will barely be a scar.

2 comments:

  1. Poor little guy!!! Hope getting the stitches out goes well! Hugs from CO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uncle Will is the best!!! The photo made me laugh so hard. Poor Noah!

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs