Monday, July 25, 2011

So . . .

So, last week, Noah purchased these -
Why you may ask???

Because Noah is POTTY TRAINED!!!! We are very excited and my check book is even more excited as I am no longer paying for diapers.

For the last couple of weeks, we have been asking Noah if he had to go potty and trying to encourage him to use it. It worked a couple of times, but we weren't really getting anywhere. Finally last weekend, we decided to go cold turkey. On Thursday, the 14th, we told him in the morning, he was no longer wearing diapers and put him in big boy undies. After a couple of accidents that day on himself and a traumatic #2 accident on the floor, he decided it was time to start using the potty. By the end of the weekend, he almost had it down.

Now if anyone out there is trying to potty train or in the process of starting, I promise it was not as easy as I just made it sound. We actually tried to do it the weekend before, but if you are going to go cold turkey, it is very hard to do if you are running here and there or have stuff going on all weekend that involves you being away from the house. At least that was our experience. So, last weekend, we basically stayed at home for 4 days straight and if we went anywhere it was quick, we took the potty with us, or we asked him every ten minutes if he had to go. He didn't even have an accident during our hospital visit for the stitches which I was so proud of.

I am sure he will have an accident here or there, and he still needs to work on his aim :). Either way though, he is officially out of diapers. He is a "big boy" now which makes a little sad and happy at the same time.

Not sure how much help I can be, but if anyone has any questions or needs any tips let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Yea for Noah!!! Two questions... one is at what age did you introduce the potty? and two.. which way are you training for little boys? sitting, standing? I am so glad you did this first!!

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs