Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Two Year Old

Noah had his 2 year check up the last week of April, and he is right on track. His stats were:

·         Height – 38 inches (95%)
·         Weight – 34 lbs. (85%)
·         Head  - 20 inches (90%)

These were his stats at his 1 year check up. Since I didn’t have the blog last year, I thought I would post these now, so I don’t forget. He is definitely a growing boy!!

·         Height – 31.5 inches (90%)
·         Weight – 28 lbs (85%)
·         Head – 19 inches (97%)

Noah is still full of energy, and he still doesn’t like to sit down very long. He watches one TV show a day and generally sits through that. His favorite shows (in order) are Dinosaur Train, Mickey Mouse, Sesame Street (or what he calls "Elmo"), and Thomas the Train (used to be #1).  He loves being outside; basically, anything that has to do with water whether it is the pool, the splash pad, running through the sprinkler, or just pouring water on himself. All of which is a little scary for mom. He still loves trains, but his favorite things right now are cars (especially anything with Lighting McQueen and Mater for any who have seen the movie Cars) and dinosaurs. And, he still likes books, but only if he picks the book out J. Right now, one of his favorite things to do is tell us he is racing and run around the house in circles and then fall down on purpose. I guess boys will be boys J.

He is still missing two teeth; this poor child has been teething for the entire last year. The first tooth appeared around 11 months, and it feels like the final pieces are taking forever to come through. Hopefully, by the end of the summer they all be here. We casually started the potty training a couple of weeks ago, but he wants nothing to do with it. This will be another one of our summer projects. Wish us luck!

He started speaking in short sentences around the holidays. This has seemed to increase more in the last month. He knows his colors and shapes and how to count to 10, but we are still working on his ABCs. Painting is a definite interest, but not so much for coloring. His favorite toys right now are his golf set (thanks Alisa), his baseball set, and his race track. He doesn’t really have any stuffed animals or lovies that he is attached to; however, Shamu was an important figure in our house for a while. We went to Sea World a month ago, and he has not stopped talking about Shamu since we left.

All this being said, we have been so blessed to raise an amazing little boy. He is so full of love. My favorite moments are when out of nowhere he comes up and gives me a hug or kiss. I will cherish these forever. The other day, in the car, he said “love you” on his own. He makes my heart melt. Naturally, transitioning to 2 (actually a little before) has brought about tantrums here and there, but we are learning as we go. By "we", I also mean mommy and daddy. 

The following are some of my favorite pictures of Noah from the last year. Hope you enjoy!!



At a farmer's market in North Carolina


In Vail over the summer


With Papa Billy and Nana in Colorado


1st Day of Mother's Day Out


Happy Half Birthday!


Feeding the chipmunks in Colorado


Hanging out in the Hot Springs


Very excited!!!


18 Month Photo


Happy Halloween!


Such a cutie!


Little Elf


My big 2 year old!

2 comments:

  1. That was such a sweet blog post! I love all the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I promised I wasn't going to post a comment... but I cannot help it! Noah is just so stinkin cute! You are such an incredible mom and I am so blessed to have you in my life and on this journey with me. It is incredible how much he has changed just from the start of these photos to his birthday... make me sad!

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs