Sunday, September 26, 2010

Autumn Fun Run


Last weekend we headed to Buena Vista for the Autumn Color Run. Noah and I weren't able to make it last year because he was sick, so I was excited to go this year. The run is broken up into a 1 mile fun run, a 5K, a 10K, or a half marathon. We all did the 5K this year and had a great time. This is a picture of us right before the run was about to start.


Noah made it about 5 minutes on the run before he fell asleep. I am not sure how excited he was about the actual run. We had a rough start keeping him entertained while we were waiting for the buses to take us to starting point, but once he saw the bus, he was so excited. He also loved the music, food, and puppy dogs after the run.

After the run, we went to St. Elmo, so Noah could feed the chip monks. He wasn't sure what to do at first, but once he figured it out, he loved it.

After he got tired of feeding the chip monks, he tried to hug them. Like I said, he tries to hug everyone and everything. This is him trying to lean down to "Alvin's" level. He didn't quite realize how much bigger he is :).

We spent the rest of the afternoon enjoying the Aspens. They were in full bloom while we were there and the weather was much nicer than Houston.



I love this picture for some reason. He spent about an hour just walking around looking at the view and trying to pick up all the sticks.
Noah also loved Papa Billy's 4 Wheeler.

I promise we only went down the driveway and back. I would not let Noah ride the 4 Wheeler without a helmet otherwise.


On Sunday, we went up to Cottonwood Pass to enjoy the view.



Noah taking in the view.

We ended the day with a trip to the Hot Springs at Mount Princeton. It was very relaxing and a perfect ending to a great day.



As you can tell, we had a great time in Colorado. We got to relax, enjoy beautiful scenery, and had some great food thanks to Granna's cooking and Papa Billy's grilling. Thanks Granna and Papa Billy for such a great weekend. We love the time we get to spend in Colorado, and I think Noah is going to love Colorado as much as his dad.









4 comments:

  1. Wow! The pictures from Colorado are amazing... I'm so jealous. I absolutely LOVE the pictures with Noah and the chip monk. I will never be able to get over how darn cute he is. As we always say "He's a lover not a hater" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos!!!! I, too, am a fan of the chip monk photos! What a fun thing for him!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. -You know that when you click on the photo, you can choose XLarge! wink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful!! Looks like you guys had a great time! I love the picture of Noah hugging the chipmunk!!

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs